Light and Shadows
In Autumn 1, we will learn about light and shadows.
Our key questions are:
· What is a light source and why do we need light to see?
· How is light reflected from surfaces and why is it important to wear suitable things in poor visibility in order to be seen?
· How does light travel?
· Why can light from the sun be dangerous and how can I protect myself?
· How is a shadow formed and what happens to an object the closer or further away it is from the light source?
· How and why do shadows change length and position over a day?
· What do the words opaque, transparent and translucent mean?