In Year 4 pupils will learn to:
* I can confidently recognise a range of musical instruments and the different sounds they make.
* I can confidently recognise and explore a range of musical styles and traditions and know basic style indicators.
* I can use musical language to appraise a piece or style of music.
* I can copy increasingly challenging rhythms using body percussion and unturned instruments.
* I can sing as part of an ensemble with confidence and precision.
* I can play and perform in solo or ensemble contexts with increasing confidence.
* I can understand some formal written notation which includes minims and quavers.
* I can listen to and recall sounds with increasing aural memory.