In Year 3 pupils will learn to:
* I can listen with direction to a range of high quality music.
* I can confidently recognise a range of musical instruments.
* I can find the pulse in songs/ music with confidence.
* I can understand that improvisation is when a composer makes up a tune within boundaries.
* I can understand that composition is when a composer writes down and records a musical idea.
* I can sing songs with multiple parts with increasing confidence.
* I can play or perform in solo or ensemble contexts with confidence.
* I can understand some formal, written notation which includes crotchets and rests.
* I can begin to listen to and recall sounds with increasing aural memory.