Wednesday 10th June
- I can learn and prepare a poem ready for performance.
- I can prepare a reading.
- I can show understanding of the poem through intonation, tone and volume.
- I can receive feedback to help improve my performance.
Today, you’re going to ‘perform’ the Jabberwocky poem.
Remember, a performance should be entertaining and engaging, so you need to consider quite a few things. Look at the checklist to help (below).
Watch the powerpoint and think carefully about the information it gives – it will help you perform the poem.
When you’ve practised performing the poem and you are happy with your performance, ask someone in your house to ‘assess’ you. You can explain our two stars and a wish to them.
If you would like to record your voice when you perform your poem, I’d love to hear it!
Send them to me at:
Wednesday 10th June
Animals Including Humans
LO: TBAT describe the changes as humans develop to old age.
- I can order the stages of human development.
- I can name the six stages of human development.
- I can explain the changes that occur during the stages of human development.
We’re going to be starting our final science unit for Y5 today – Animals Including Humans.
Some of the vocabulary we use will be familiar – we learned some of it in our very first science unit in Y5 – Living Things. I wonder if you’ll remember it!
Read the LO and SC carefully, then keep them in mind as you work your way through the BBC video and quick activities and the powerpoint for this session.
First, follow this link to the BBC:
This is a fun introduction to the lesson. Then, work your way through the powerpoint below.
There is an activity part way through which asks you to order the different stages in a life cycle of a human. I’ve attached those sheets, but you don’t need to print them, you could just look at them and write your answers in your book. There are three levels of challenge – choose which one you feel is right for you.
Once you have worked your way through the powerpoint, I’d like you to think really carefully about the last slide and the questions it asks you:
- What new vocabulary have you learned this lesson?
- What are all of the stages of human growth and development?
- What do you know about all of these stages of development?
Now, go back to the LO and SC for this lesson. Have you met them? : )