Thursday 23rd April
Maths – Lesson 4 - Ordering Fractions
Click on the link above.
You should be used to this by now 😊
This will take you to the White Rose lessons for Summer Term 1 – these are the plans we follow in school, so you’ll be very used to the different methods and diagrams they use.
Scroll down to lesson 4. Watch the video slides – pause and rewind as you need to. Then, answer the questions on the activity sheets in your exercise book.
The answers are there for you to check, too.
This is what your screen should look like when you get to the website.
You can either click on the links for the activity sheets and answers, or I’ve put them below, too.
(You will need to go to the website for the video, though.)
You are going to continue your adventure story from yesterday.
Remember to refer back to your plan and planet profile to help you.
If you decided to finish your story yesterday, you could edit it today using CUPS (capitals, usage, punctuation, spelling).
Follow the story checklist to help you:
- Beginning (Have you introduced the characters in your story? Have you described where the story is set?)
- Build up (Have you said what the characters are doing or where they are going?)
- Problem (Have you told the reader what the problem or challenge is?)
- Resolution (Have you said how the problem or challenge is solved?)
- Ending (Have you brought the story to an end? Maybe the characters have ended up where they started or perhaps they are now in a new place.)
You could challenge yourself to include some conjunctions, adverbs and prepositions.
The resource below will help you.
You could email your completed work if you would like to.
Today, we are learning about how we use water.
Log on to Purple Mash.
Click on the '2Do' icon.
Click on 'How we use water' and watch a short video. Then create a list of different ways that you use water at home. Can you find any different uses for water not shown in the video?