Maths - Lesson 4 - Measure length (m)
Click on the link above.
This will take you to the White Rose lessons for Summer Term 1 – these are the maths plans we follow in school, so you’ll be very used to the different methods and diagrams they use.
For Year 2, the lessons continue with the Spring Term block first, so you will revisit fractions for a couple of lessons and then continue with length.
Watch the video slides – pause and rewind as you need to. Then, answer the questions on the activity sheets in your exercise book.
The answers are there for you to check, too.
Your screen should display the image below when you get to the website. You can either click on the links for the activity sheets and answers, or I've put them below, too. (You will need to go on the website for the video, though.)
You are going to continue your adventure story from yesterday.
Remember to refer back to your plan and character description to help you.
If you decided to finish your story yesterday, you could edit it today using CUPS (capitals, usage, punctuation, spelling).
Follow the story checklist to help you:
- Beginning (Have you introduced the characters in your story? Have you described where the story is set? E.g. in a forest, near a mountain, by the sea)
- Build up (Have you said what the characters are doing or where they are going?)
- Problem (Have you told the reader what the problem or challenge is?)
- Resolution (Have you said how the problem or challenge is solved? Perhaps the characters have worked together.)
- Ending (Have you brought the story to an end? Maybe the characters have ended up where they started or perhaps they are now in a new place.)
You could challenge yourself to include some or all of the following:
- Different sentences openers (useful resource below).
- A range of conjunctions (e.g. when, if, because, but).
- Interesting, descriptive vocabulary.
- Capital letters, full stops, exclamation marks and commas in a list.
You could send your work to the class email if you would like to. It would be great to celebrate some of your work on the 'Amazing work of the Astronauts' page.
Topic - Science Project
Caring for Pets
Continue with your topic project.
If you have finished already, perhaps you could research how to care for a different pet and make comparisons. You could be creative and make a puppet or model of your chosen pet.