Shape, Space and Measures
Shape, Space and Measures Objectives:
- Begin to use mathematical names for ‘solid’ 3D shapes and ‘flat’ 2D shapes, and mathematical terms to describe shapes.
- Select a particular named shape.
- Can describe their relative position such as behind or next to.
- Order two or three items by length or height.
- Order two items by weight or capacity.
- Use familiar objects and common shapes to create and recreate patterns and build models.
- Use everyday language related to time.
- Beginning to use everyday language related to money.
- Order and sequence familiar events
- Measures short periods of time in simple ways.
- Children use everyday language to talk about size, weight, capacity, position, distance, time and money to compare quantities and objects and to solve problems.
- Talk about, recognise and recreate simple patterns.
- They explore characteristics of everyday objects and shapes and use mathematical language to describe them.