Objectives covered in this unit:
- I can talk about common appliances that run on electricity.
- I can construct and draw with labels a simple series electrical circuit which includes cells, wires, bulbs, switches and buzzers.
- I can predict if a lamp will light or not in a simple series circuit, based on whether or not the lamp is part of a complete loop with a battery.
- I can explain that a switch opens and closes a circuit and associate this with whether or not a lamp lights in a simple series circuit.
- I can show that some materials are conductors and some are insulators, and can explain that metals are good conductors.