Geographical skills and fieldwork
- I can use maps, atlases, globes and digital/ computer mapping or locate on tires and describe features studied
- i can use the eight points of a compass and six figure grid references
- i can use fieldwork to observe, measure, record and present the human and physical features in the local area using a range of methods
- i can understand and use widening range of geographical terms.
- I can use maps, charts to support decision making about the location of paces
- I can locate the world countries using maps to focus on Europe and north and South America concentrating on their environmental regions
- I can name and locate countries and cities of the UK and look how features have changed over time.
- I can can identify the position and significance of latitude and longitude, equator, northern hemisphere, Southern Hemisphere, the tropics of cancer and Capricorn, arctic and Antarctic circle.
Human and physical geography
- I can describe and understand key aspects of physical geography including limited zones biomes and vegetation’s etc.
- I can describe and understand key aspects of human geography including types of settlement and land use
- I can understand geographical similarities and differences through the study of human and differences through the study of human and physical geography of a region of the UK, a region in a EU country and a region within north or South America