In Year 2 pupils will learn to:
* I can listen to and understand different pieces of high quality live and recorded music.
* I can find the pulse and internalise it in my head.
* I can improvise a simple rhythm using different instruments using my voice.
* I can understand that timbre describes the character or quality of a sound.
* I can understand that texture describes the layers within music.
* I can understand that structure describes how different sections of music are ordered.
* I can describe a piece of music using musical language.
* I can confidently perform rhymes, raps and songs.
* I can understand that the words in a song can affect its melody.
* I can sing a song in two parts.
* I can use tuned and unturned classroom percussion to play accompaniments and tunes.
* I can use tuned and unturned classroom percussion to compose and improvise.
* I can play instruments using the correct techniques with respect.
* I can practise, rehearse and perform music to an audience with confidence.
* I can experiment with, select, create and combine sounds using the inter-related dimensions of music.