In Year 1 pupils will learn to:
* I can concentrate and listen to a piece of music.
* I can find the pulse by moving my body.
* I can use musical words and phrases to describe a piece of music.
* I can name different musical instruments.
* I can say what I like or dislike about a piece of music and describe how it makes me feel.
* I can understand that rhythm describes the mixture of long and short sounds which are performed on top of the pulse.
* I can listen to, copy and repeat and simple rhythm or melody.
* I can understand that pitch describes how high or low sounds are.
* I can understand that tempo describes how fast or slow music is.
* I can understand that dynamics describes how loud or quiet music is.
* I can perform rhymes, raps and songs.
* I can follow the conductor or band leader.
* I can understand how to sing musically after warming up, sitting or standing well so that I can project the sounds confidently.