Squiggle Whilst you Wiggle!
The children love to squiggle whilst they wiggle!
The children practise the movements you make when writing on a big scale!!
We put on some funky music and they do...
- arches (letters m, n, h, r)
- up and down (letters i, l, t, u, y)
- side to side
- In and out (letters g, q, e)
- big circles, little circles (letters c, o, a, d)
- straight lines (letters k, v, w, x, z)
- the figure of eight (letter s)
The idea is that the children will develop the body movements needed on a large scale and
then be able to transfer them when writing on a small scale.