Look what we've been up to!
2018 - 19
We've planned a fun Friday for Children in Need!
Look what we achieved last year!
- Planned and ran Film Nights that have raised money for the school
- Organised events for Children in Need and raised money for charity
- Planned a visit from Unicef and activities that link to children's rights
- Achieved the Silver Rights Respecting School Award!
- Planned and ran games at the Christmas Fair
- Asked children for their opinions on Reader of the Week and discussed ways to promote more reading at home
- Came up with a new name 'Reflection Room' for when children are missing Golden Time
- Asked for children's ideas for how to promote healthy living as part of our work towards the Healthy School Community Award
- Planned Sports Releif week
- Asked children to help update our Eco-Code and think of ways to look after our local environment and live sustainably
The School Council making healthy fruit kebabs to sell and raise money for Sports Relief.
DAY FOR CHANGE!
The School council asked the class councils for ideas to raise money for Day For Change. Everyone dressed up in blue and brought a donation for UNICEF to help malnourished children around the world. The School Council sold healthy fruit cups at playtime. All classes learned that every child has the right to food and water and that we are very lucky to have access to foods that keep us healthy. Thank you everyone for your support and for being ambasadors for the rights of all children!
Children in Need
The School Council decided to support Children in Need this year. First we asked Class Councils for fundraising ideas. Then we planned a spotty non-uniform day, spotty skittles competition and a cake sale. We asked children, parents and carers to bake cakes for the sale then on Friday we decorated cakes and sold them all. THANK YOU to everyone who baked or bought cakes and for your generous donations that have helped to raise £371.25 for Children in Need!