In Autumn 1, we looked at light and shadows. We discussed and investigated the following questions:
- What is a light source and why do we need light to see?
- How is light reflected from surfaces and why is it important to wear suitable things in poor visibility in order to be seen?
- How does light travel?
- Why can light from the sun be dangerous and how can I protect myself?
- How is a shadow formed and what happens to an object the closer or further away it is from the light source?
- How and why do shadows change length and position over a day?
- What do the words opaque, transparent and translucent mean?
Take a look at some of our work and pictures of investigations we carried out.