Forces and Magnets
Objectives covered in this unit:
- I can compare how things move on different surfaces.
- I can see that some forces need contact between two objects but magnetic forces can act at a distance.
- I can observe how magnets attract or repel each other and attract some materials and not others.
- I can compare and group some materials on the basis of whether or not they are attracted to a magnet, and identify some magnetic materials.
- I can describe magnets as having two poles.
- I can predict whether two magnets will attract or repel each other, depending on which poles are facing.